I came across this great study by the folks at Leadtail and DNN Software on how top marketers at mid-size (50-5,000 employees) US companies engage on Twitter. If you’re a marketer that wants to get inside the social media head of US marketers – check out the study here.
(Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with these guys, don’t know them, I’m sure that they are lovely people though…)
The piece on great marketers to follow on Twitter – is the last part of the article. (My twitter handle is @betonliamcasey). Post your Twitter handle in the comments section – for a Twitter follow from me!
Some interesting takeaways on network penetration on the group of marketers studied:
* Google+ is still ranking low. (And marketers are typically early-adopters)
* Purely visual networks are growing FAST (I was surprised by VIne in particular).
* Facebook is on the slide, big time.
What global industry sources are these marketers sharing the most over Twitter?
* Mashable is still smashing it – and does tend to lead the way with the best global online marketing content (in my opinion).
Who are these marketers retweeting the most?
* Europeans don’t really get @ValaAfshar – but I’d highly recommend his book The Pursuit of Social Business Excellence. Great read.
* @jowyang – guru of crowd (not cloud!) based companies. A brilliant mind.
* @jeffbullas -the most relentless most self-publicising marketer on the planet. (That’s a compliment btw). He does a GREAT job of simplifying a lot of marketing numbers and ideas for people.
Keep it simple, marketing people – for US (and some good global insight) – you’d do no worse than to follow the 50 on the list above to broaden your marketing horizons.
Oh, and don’t forget to follow me at @betonliamcasey.